When searching for data in the Learning admin side and choosing to display all records, when choosing to sort via one of the columns, the results reset back to the default numerical value.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
It happens to any search, like users search, curricula, assignment profiles, etc. For example:
- Learning Administration >
- Learning Activities >
- Items >
- Search (blank search or selecting any criteria) >
- At Records per Page dropdown menu, change the view from default 25 records to All, and sort by a column, such as Item >
- Once page reloads, the amount of records that are showing is changed back to 25 records per page.
The "All" option is shown at the Records per Page dropdown menu when the setting adminShowAllOption is set to true (adminShowAllOption=true) at
System Administration > Configuration > System Administration > SEARCH
The adminShowAllOption is a deprecated part of the LMS that is kept for code consistency.
There are a few ways to select how many records should be showing at the result list and sort them:
- To be able to sort the search result list while selecting the "All" option, the results need to be sorted first: perform the search, sorted it as needed, and select "All" at the Records per Page dropdown menu
- Also, if a numerical value is selected at the Records per Page dropdown menu (e.g., 25 or 500) and the results are sorted, the list remains showing that many records
- There is also possible to click the "Download Search Results" option and sort the data through a 3rd party application, such as Microsoft Excel
Note: If the "All" option is required to not be available at the Records per Page dropdown menu, set adminShowAllOption=false
sort, all, column, sorting, results, default, adminShowAllOption , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem