When trying to access a job requisition through RCM external career site, get the following error:
The requested operation is not available.
This problem is due to the following reason(s):
You are not authorized to access the functionality you have requested.
If you continue to experience problems, please contact your administrator.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
- RCM External Career Site
This is caused when it's a previously saved URL. The URL points to /portalcareer, meaning the user who used the URL was logged into the career site when opening the job requisition, and the user who is currently opening it is one of the following:
- Isn't logged in the career site
- Is using the URL of a previous session (could be a session with their own login or another person's login)
For both cases above mentioned, this issue happens when there's /portalcareer in the URL. See KB article 2784129
Please find more explanation on each case below, with a resolution:
- The user isn't logged in the career site
- This probably happened because the URL being used to access the job requisition was: or, saved previously; or, saved in history of the browser; or, sent by another user.
- The best way to fix this is to access the career site, and manually search for the Job Requisition ID.
- Find the Job Requisition ID in the URL being accessed:
- The user is using the URL of a previous session (could be a session with their own login or another person's login)
- This is the most probable cause, and can be related to the above.
- The session in the Career Site URL is defined by this part of the url _s.crb=, and the information after this is the session ID.
- Look at the example URL below. Note where it has **** in the URL, in a real URL it will have the companyID of the instance:
- The part of the URL highlighted in bold and red is the sessionID.
- When someone sends you a URL with a sessionID in it, and the URL contains the /portalcareer part (highlighted with the underline), it means the user was logged into the career site (noticed by the /portalcareer) and the sessionID in red is related to that person's session.
- When accessing it from somewhere else, the URL will have another sessionID until it times out.
- Sometimes, the error may not occur, but will likely happen if the page is reloaded.
- This doesn't happen when the URL has /career instead of /portalcareer because the system already sees that /career identifies that is a general pool instead of someone already logged in.
KB article 2784129 - The URL of the RCM career site changes between /career and /portalcareer - SuccessFactors Recruiting
sf, success factors, RCM, external career site, RCM external career site, error authorization career site, recruiting career site, access job requisition , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , LOD-SF-RCM-POR , Career and Agency Portals , Problem