Error "The table failed to initialize: Invalid data source" occurs when opening story based on live connection in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.8.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a live Connection to S/4 HANA.
- Create a Model on the top of Connection.
- Create a Story on the top of the Model and a table into it.
- Save the Story and move back to the SAC home page.
- Leave the SAC untouched for about 40 minutes.
- Re-open the Story and check the error message in the table.
- By Chrome DevTools the HTTP 400 being caught while the error occurs as well.
Currently SAC does not support the Keep-Alive or 'Avoid remote session timeout' for S/4 HANA.
The setting "Avoid Remote Session Timeout (in seconds)" in (Main Menu) System Administration System Configuration ONLY works with Live HANA systems right now.
Workaround: To refresh the browser so the story will prompt for user credentials. Then the Story will be displayed properly again.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- Live Data Connections to SAP HANA
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, live, connect, connection, invalid, data, source, initialize, protocol, 400 , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem