After configuring an association from a Custom MDF Object to the Legal Entity/Company object.
The corresponding field criteria has been correctly added as per 2287729 - Employee Central - Object Association FAQ
Despite the correct configuration no filtering is applied to the corresponding field in the Add NEw Employee Wizard or the User's Profile.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- This is caused by a custom mdf object which has been created in your instance.
- This custom MDF object incorrectly has the LegalEntity object referenced in the "Valid Values Source" field on the externalCode. This is not supported.
- The LegalEntity object should not be used as the "Valid Values Source" field on the externalCode for any object in the instance.
- If used it will cause the object association between any custom MDF objects and the LEgal Entity field to not work.
- This will need to be resolved by correcting the object definition of the impacted Object, by following the detailed steps in the below Resolution section.
To resolve this issue, you will need to remove the LegalEntity reference from the "Valid Values Source" field on the externalCode of the impacted object.
First determine the Object Definition in question. This can be done by following the steps in the below section: Highlight the Incorrectly Configured Object
- Once you have the ID of the object you need to correct the configuration. This can be done by following the steps in the below section: Correct Object Definition
- If there are entities created for this object in Manage Data you will not be able to change the Object Definition, you will first need to delete all objects and then re-import then after the Object Definition has been corrected.
This can be done by following the steps in the below sections:Delete Object Entities & Re-Import Object Entities
Highlight the Incorrectly Configured Object:
Navigate to Import and Export Data
- Export the "Object Definition" as below:
- Download the export file from Monitor Job
- Open the export file
- Filter the column "fields.name" to be the "externalCode" field
- Then filter the column "fields.dataSourceValue" to be "LegalEntity"
- At least one custom MDF object will be returned
- This will a custom MDF object which has a Valid Data Source = LegalEntity, which is not supported.
- Navigate to "Configure Object Definitions" for the impacted Object.
- Select "Take Action > Make Correction"
- Select the "Details" of the externalCode field.
- Remove the LegalEntity reference from the "Valid Values Source"
- Save the Changes to the object
- If you have entities created from the Object they will first need to be deleted before the object will allow you to change the configuration.
Please see the below two sections for steps on how to delete the entities and recreate them.
- Navigate to Import and Export Data
- Export the object in question, making sure to "Select all data records" & "Include Inactive Records" set to yes.
- Download the export file from Monitor Job. We will use this file to delete the entities and then re-import them after the Object Definition has been Corrected, please make sure to backup this file.
- In the import file include the operator "DELTE" in the operator column for all records and save the file.
- Import this file via "Import and Export Data" to delete all the entities. Please confirm they are all removed by checking in Manage Data after the import is completed successfully.
- Using the backup export file you created in the above section, re-import the object via "import and Export Data" using a full purge import type.
association, custom object, custom mdf, field criteria, field-criteria, filtering, sorting, company, legal entity, LegalEntity , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-FOO , Foundation Objects (Organisation, Pay and Job Structures) , Problem