When importing data to a SAC model the data load rejects rows that contain a new member for a dimension in the data model, failure reason is New members rejected, although in the import option update dimension with new values is checked.
SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.8.6
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the model in customer system
- Switch to the Data Management tab
- In the Import Jobs panel, click the refresh button (Refresh source grouping now)
- Notice that there is a warning indicated some rows are rejected, download the CSV file and found that the failure reason is New members rejected. But in the import options, update dimension with new values is checked.
The reason the values are rejected is because the dimension in question is “public dimension” (as shown in by the globe icon in the modeler UI).
Public dimension does not belong to the model, but rather is referenced by it; a single public dimension can be used in multiple models. As such, public dimension update has its own life cycle.
To add dimension members to such public dimension, you can do an import data to public dimension process directly. This should be done prior adding fact data to the model.
You may refer to the chapter “Import data into public dimensions” for more info.
See KBA: 2455585 for more details.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Bug Filed