- No SQL Connection Types are shown when creating SQL Databases connection in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud any version
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to your SAP Analytics Cloud Tenant and navigate to Menu > Connection
- Click the '+' icon to create a new connection, and under "Acquire Data" click SQL Databases.
- No dialog is popup and no SQL Connections are shown.
- The .properties file path has not been setup correctly
- The SQL Datasource you are looking for, is not currently supported as per the System Requirements and Technical Prerequisites Guide
- The SQL Datasource name has not been defined as per the Example in the Import Data Connection to an SQL Database Guide
Simple Deployment Kit Option:
- Firstly, please make sure you have followed the steps as per the Setup-Guide.html which is included in your SACAgentKit Install Directory (Default Directory is C:\Program Files\SAP\SACAgentKit)
- Place the drivers in the following location: C:\Program Files\SAP\SACAgentKit\drivers\
- Update Cloud agent JDBC driver properties file: C:\Program Files\SAP\SACAgentKit\config\c4a_agent_drivers.properties
- (Refer to sqlServerExamples.txt for the complete SQL server entry names.)
- Run "services.msc" to restart "Apache Tomcat 7.0 Tomcat7agent" service in Windows Services Manager
- Review the .properties file content to make sure the DB name and version is supported.
- For more information please review the steps in the SAP Analytics Cloud Agent Simple Deployment Kit Guide
Manual Tomcat / Cloud Agent Installation Option:
- Review the path setting for .properties file to make sure the path is correct and the environment variable / Java option / Windows Registry entry is correct, eg. if you use the SAP_CLOUD_AGENT_PROPERTIES_PATH parameter, please make sure this points to your .properties file.
- Review the .properties file content to make sure the DB name is in the same format as the Example Properties file and this Database Version is supported
- Finally, please make sure the JDBC driver folder location that the entry in the .properties file is correct.
- For more information please review the steps in the Import Data Connection to an SQL Database Guide
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem