This KBA contains information on the Purge Reports statuses "Completed with error" and "Completed with empty report" in the data retention management tool
***Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SucceeFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Data Retention Management
- Create New Purge Request
- Select a purge request type of your choice
- Add approver
- Schedule or Launch immediately
We have two statuses ("Completed with error" and "Completed with an empty report") in purge reports to make them more helpful:
- The "Completed with error" status indicates there are errors that are preventing some data from being purged
- The "Completed with empty report" status indicates that no data was purged based on the criteria in the request
For any submitted purge request, you will see the following statuses:
- For Completed with error: You can view the errors under "view results" section and correct the errors accordingly.
- For Completed with an empty report: Review the purge request criteria again and resubmit. Since the status indicates that no data purged in the system.
Please note that if you submit a request and on the Preview report and/or Complete report file it shows that "PROCESS STATUS" field was "EXCLUDED", the status over the Purge Request Monitor will still show as "Completed" instead of "Completed with errors" or "Completed with empty report".
2615360 - Data Protection and Privacy - Data Retention Time Management (DRTM) - Master Data Purge for Inactive Users
2088065 - Data Retention Management - Purge Data - Platform
new purge status - purge request monitor - STE-11141 , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-DRM , Data Retention Management , How To