You are tying to cancel a leave of absence for one employee and when doing this an application error happens.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Select the employee you want to cancel the LOA (leave of absence);
- Go to Administer Time;
- Click in the "pencil" icon to edit the leave;
- Click in Cancel request;
- Receive the application error;
There is no previous job history record for the employee.
When you cancel a LOA the system will try to set the employee status back as it was before that LOA was created.
If for some reason you manually delete all the previous job history records for the employee, then the system will not be able to set the employee status back causing a null pointer application error.
You need to import at least one job history record with effective date prior to the LOA you want to delete.
Note: since there is no other records besides the LOA then, when you import you must use a Hire event reason otherwise, you'll get an error message during the import.
- Go to Import Employee Data;
- Select Download Template;
- Download the template for Job History;
- Fill the template where the event date must happen before any existing records in this employee job history and the event reason must be a hire event;
- Now select Import Data;
- Select the entity Job History;
- Validate and then Import the file;
After applying this correcting you should be able to correctly cancel your LOA.
2692045 - Application Error upon Submission of Leave of Absence Request
2742950 - Receive an Application Error When Attempting to Correct or Delete a Leave of Absence Record - aad14abbd6362ffe35cdfb1f87fa0dac9daa8db0
PropagateStatusToFutureRecordsImpl null object loaded from local variable 'previousJobEO' NullPointerException cannot cancel LOA Application error in Administer Time , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem