Reversal or Original Foreign Currency Valuation Document not created due to closed period
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- Financial Accounting (FI)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
- SAP Fiori
Reproducing the Issue
- Foreign Currency Valuation Scheduled in app Schedule General Ledger Jobs (APP ID F1927) Update Run for Open Items, Posting date 31.05.2019, Reversal posting date 01.06.2019
- In App Manage Posting Periods Period period 06 is closed. Period 05 is open.
- Journal Entry with exchange rate difference postings on 31.05.2019 created. No reversal Postings created
- Job Log shows Journal Entry number and fiscal year with exchange rate difference postings for 31.05.2019.
- Job Log also shows Errors:
Error Posting Period 006 2019 is not open
Unable to post FI document ECS document number ' ' ; ECS Year ' '
In App Manage Journal Entries/Display Line Items in General Ledger review of:
- Business Transaction Type: RFCV (BTTYPE for Foreign Currency Valuation)
- Posting Date: (Posting date of the FAGL_FCV original/reversal posting)
- Header Text
Foreign Currency Valuation report cannot create Journal Entry in closed Period. It can only post to Period Opened.
You can use the "Verify Data Flow" app. Here you can see the line items not posted due to "Posting period 006 2019 is not open" and can start the processing again (after posting period is opened).
This note is cloud relevant
Cloud, application log, results, application, user, vendor, customer, supplier, open, Foreign Currency, ECS, F5A387,GLE_AL_ECS_PP007, F5201, ACC_ECS_MAINTAIN, Perform Foreign Currency Valuation (FAGL_FCV) , KBA , FI-FIO-GL-TRA , Transaction Apps , FI-GL-GL-G , Closing Operations / Period-End , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , Problem