- You adjust the pricing in a partially invoiced sales order with project binding.
- You have not scoped late price changes in project based sales orders.
- The Invoice Schedule is not correctly adjusted to the new price.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the Sales Order workcenter.
- Open the Sales Order view.
- Open Sales Order ABC (ABC represents the Sales Order ID).
- Add line Item 10.
- Add a list price of e.g. 100 Euro.
- Create an Invoice schedule for line item 10 with 2 dates, invoicing 50 Euro on each date.
- Release the Sales Order.
- Invoice the first invoice schedule item.
- Navigate to the Items tab and change the list price to e.g. 80 Euro.
- Open the invoice schedule for line item 10.
The invoice schedule shows an invoiced amount of 40 Euro for the invoiced line, instead of 50.
This is currently a limitation on Price changes in partially invoiced, project based sales orders.
- When adjusting the price of a line item, which is partially invoiced the already invoiced values in the invoice schedule are recalculated based on the new price.
- This is adjusted in a future release, so that project based sales orders share the same behavior as sales orders without project base.
- To prevent this behavior, you can scope late changes on project based sales orders if you would like to change prices on partially invoiced invoice schedules.
Navigate to the Business Configuration workcenter.
- Open the Implementation Project view.
- Select your Implementation Project and click on Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to 4. Questions.
- Select scoping element Sales, Sell Project-Based Products and Services.
- Tick the checkbox on question "Do you want to allow late changes to Quantity, Price and Ship-to for project-based services?".
With this question enabled, the adjustment of the invoice schedule in project based sales orders works as expected.
Project based Sales Order, Invoice Schedule, Price Change, Invoiced Amount, Projektbasierende Kundenaufträge, Rechnungsterminplan, Preisänderung, Abgerechnete Summe , KBA , AP-RC-ISC , Invoice Schedule , AP-PRO , Project Processing , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem