- Partition strategy of Smart Predict in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Smart Predict
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Main menu -> Create -> Predictive Scenario.
- Click Classification, put the Scenario name as Class_Scenario.
- Click Create Predictive Model, put some description in the popup window.
- In Settings, select Input Dataset.
- Observe there is no Cutting Strategy / Partition Strategy can be selected like in Predictive Analytics client.
Partition Strategy is also called "Cutting Strategy" in Predictive Analytics. Refer to: Partition Strategy
A partition strategy is a technique that decomposes a training dataset into distinct subsets.
Different from Predictive Analytics, in Smart Predict, a training dataset is decomposed into 2 (two) distinct datasets:
- A training subset (Estimation dataset) - Generate different models. The models generated at this stage are hypothetical.
- A validation subset - Select the best model among those generated using the training subset, which represents the best compromise between perfect quality and perfect robustness.
The partition is performed as follows:
- The row selection is random.
- The training subset contains 75% of the input rows.
- The validation contains 25% of the input rows.
How the partition strategy works when training a Predictive Model
The following graphics summarize what's happen when you click train:
Training dataset is selected from input dataset - randomly 75% of input dataset. Different trial version of model generated. Then validation dataset - 25% of input dataset is used to validate the trial versions, and select the best Predictive model. Refer to: Training a Predictive Model
- Hands-On Tutorial SAP Smart Predict, Customer Churn Analysis for online retail
- 2661746 - SAP Analytics Cloud Smart Predict Release to Customers Phasing Clarification
- 2569847 - Where can you find user assistance (help) for SAP Analytics Cloud to use, configure and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
PA, Infinite insight, test sub-set, training a model, classification, time series, regression, predictive scenario, applying models , KBA , dataset option not available , predictive scenarios , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , BI-RA-PA , Predictive Analytics , How To