You have created a survey and maintained some questions and exceptions. After activating the survey, you do not understand when the standard messages and the exception messages will be displayed.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Surveys work center.
- Go to the Surveys view.
- Click New.
- Fill in the mandatory fields and click Save and Open.
- Maintain a question in the Design facet.
Please, bear in mind that Exceptions can be created only for amount, date, multiple choice, single select and quantity question types.
In this example, we need to maintain a Lower and Upper limit:
- Maintain an exception in the Exception facet.
- Click Actions > Activate. Now you survey is active.
Now we need to check the exception in the execution mode (not in view mode). Hence, we add survey to a visit:
- Go to the Visits work center.
- Go to the Visits view.
- Open a visit.
- Go to the Surveys facet.
- Add the Survey.
- Check in in the visit.
- Click on the survey to open it.
- Maintain a value inside the range that you defined earlier.
- Click on the exception icon (it is a bubble icon with an exclamation mark inside).
- Click on the exception icon next to the question.
RESULT: The exception will appear despite you have maintained a value inside the defined range. Moreover, you do not understand why a standard message is not displayed.
If you enter a value outside the defined range, you will get a standard message.
However, Exceptions are meant to be used as a value (or a range of values) that should be excluded from the range defined between the upper and lower limit.
For instance, in this example, the range was from 1 to 20 and the exception was the value 5. You can also maintain an exception range such as excluding the values from 5 to 9 inside the range of 1 to 20.
In this case, the exception messages will be displayed.
The system is designed for not showing the standard message (but the exception) when maintaining a value defined as Exception.
Please, keep in mind that you need to click on the main Exception icon to see the Exception.
exception, survey, design, range, execution mode, visit, , KBA , LOD-LE-SUR-EXE , Survey execution = runtime , LOD-CRM-ACT-VST , Visit Planning , How To