How to use multiple instances of the SAP Cloud Connector, with an SAP Analytics Cloud subaccount, to connect to multiple on-premise datasources, hosted in different locations?
- How to use Location IDs in the SAP Cloud Connector and SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Cloud Connector
Previously, a limitation with the SAP Cloud Connector meant that it was only possible to connect one SAP Cloud Connector instance to an SAP Analytics Cloud subaccount at one time. However, now Location IDs can be used to differentiate different Cloud Connector instances. In SAP Analytics Cloud, it is now possible to create new locations, to specify each different instance of a Cloud Connector, whilst only using one subaccount.
Please make sure the following are taken into consideration;
- The subaccount is unique to the SAP Analytics Cloud tenant and cannot be changed
- Only one S-User ID can be assigned to a subaccount at any one time
- Location IDs can only be used to define multiple Cloud Connector instances, from SAP Cloud Connector release 2.9.0
- The "Add a new location" feature is only available in SAP Analytics Cloud tenants with the wave release 2019.6.0+
Configuring the SAP Cloud Connector
- In step 3 of the SAP Cloud Connector configuration guide, enter a unique Location ID to differentiate each instance of a Cloud Connector, for use in SAP Analytics Cloud, eg "LocationA".
- For a different instance of the SAP Cloud Connector, complete the same steps, whilst using the same subaccount, and create a new unique Location ID "LocationB"
Configuring SAP Analytics Cloud
- Log in to SAP Analytics Cloud
- Navigate to Menu - System - Administration - Datasource Configuration - On-premise datasources
- Click "Add a new location"
- For each unique SAP Cloud Connector instance, enter the unique Location ID, Eg. LocationA
- To add additional locations, click "Add a new location" and enter the other unique Location ID Eg. LocationB
When creating a Connection to an on-premise datasource, you will now be able to choose the Location, and connect to datasources that are accessible on different machines.
- 2774864 - Error "Failed to call SAP Analytics Cloud Agent. Please contact your administrator to ensure that SAP Analytics Cloud Agent is running, configured correctly, and is reachable from the SAP Cloud Platform Cloud Connector" in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics 2019.10.1 , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem