- In a Process Orchestration (PO) or Process Integration (PI) scenario which uses a SOAP Lookup receiver channel you get the error below:
SOAP: Call failed: java.io.IOException: Communication over HTTPS. Unable to create a socket error.
- This is an intermittent error and the majority of messages are successfully processed by this interface.
- On checking the traces (XPI Inspector and/or defaultTrace) you can see the more detailed error:
Error while calling the SystemAccessorHMI's process Exception during processing the payload. Error when calling an adapter by using the communication channel <channel name> (Party: , Service: <service name>, Object ID: 425410f0g737391arrf16ef331d7867e) XI AF API call failed. Module exception: 'com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: Failed to get the input stream from socket: iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier'. Cause Exception: 'java.io.IOException: Failed to get the input stream from socket: iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier'.
- On checking the certificates used in this interface (via the XPI Inspector tool or directly in the Keystore), everything appears to be correct - besides most messages get successfully processed.
- SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3
- SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- SAP NetWeaver 7.5
Process Integration 7.31, PI 7.31, Process Orchestration 7.4, PI 7.4, PO 7.4, Process Orchestration 7.5, PI 7.5, PO 7.5, XI, AEX, AFIP, WSAA, Argentina , KBA , BC-XI-CON-SOP , SOAP Adapter , BC-XI-CON-AFW-SEC , Security , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.