- How do I change, delete or add fields across SuccessFactors?
- How to change the system fields structure without access to Provisioning?
- There's another way to manage the system fields besides manipulating the instance datamodel?
- Is there any guide dedicated on show how to manage the System Business Configuration (BCUI)?
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC)
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile (EP)
- Prerequisites to Using BCUI
- Prior to start using BCUI it is necessary to ensure that your instance already have a datamodel uploaded. It's a XML file that must be uploaded in Provisioning. If you're unsure about this, you need to engage your Implementation Partner
- Or open an incident with SAP Cloud Product Support who can check if the data model already exist in provisioning. (Note to Support: If the Successcion Data model is already present, simply export it and re-import without changes to sure it is sync)
- Enabling BCUI
At first, your partner/support engineer will ensure the BCUI-related features are enabled in Provisioning as per the below steps:
- Login on the respective instance's Provisioning page;
- In Edit Company Settings section, select Company Settings;
- Search for Enable Generic Objects and check/enable it;
- Search for Enable Business Configuration in Admin Tools and enable it;
- After this, leave Provisioning and get into the system's Admin Center page.
- Synchronizing the Succession Data Model with Metadata Framework (MDF)
Once you've enabled BCUI, you must create a Provisioning job to sync BCUI with Succession Data Model. This is a one-time task:
- Create a Job: To create a BCUI sync job, select Synchronize Business Configuration in Job Type.
- Run the Job: BCUI sync job must only be scheduled to run once. After the sync runs for the first time, any subsequent upload of Data Model XML will automatically trigger this job.
- Monitor the Job: If the sync job fails, BCUI is locked. Do not edit the attributes of ActivityListObject using Admin Center's Configure Object Definitions feature.
Check the job details/results to identify the issue, fix it, and restart the job. If issue still exists, please contact SAP Cloud Support.
- You have set up a sync job that will enable you to synchronize Succession Data Model with Metadata Framework (MDF).
After the sync runs for the first time, future updates to BCUI will be automatically pushed to Succession Data Model.
- Setting Permissions for BCUI
Before anyone can use BCUI, certain permissions need to be granted as per the below steps:
- Go through Admin Center > Manage User Permissions > Manage Permission Roles;
- Select the permission role assigned to the user you wish to grant BCUI access to;
- The Permission Role details page appears;
- Click Permission: the permission settings page appears;
- Scroll down to the section named Administrator Permissions > Metadata Framework, check the below permissions:
- Manage Data;
- Read/Write Permission on Metadata Framework;
- Import Permission on Metadata Framework;
- Admin Access to the OData API;
- Manage Configuration UI;
- Visibility for an element indicates whether or not it will appear on BCUI whereas actions indicate the operations that can be performed on the element.
- 2080620 - How to enable Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI)
- SAP Help Portal - Enabling BCUI (Master Guide)
datamodel, succession datamodel, business configuration, BCUI, system fields, implementation, enable fields, provisioning, SuccessFactors , KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To