This document is intended to clarify what constitutes a supportable incident opposed to a Consulting inquiry for SAP Cloud Solutions. Additionally, options for issues considered as Consulting Inquiries are provided.
SAP Business by Design
- SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP Product Support agrees to handle problem incidents in accordance with cloud maintenance agreements in the following scenarios:
- an error in the software causes subsequent errors or SAP provided Best Practice configuration causes subsequent errors;
- there is an error in the software or SAP provided Best Practice configuration;
- standard product functions have incorrect documentation.
If the occurring problem falls into one of these above-mentioned categories, you must open a problem incident under the relevant component (or via appropriate SAP Support channels where applicable) to initiate the Support process.
The following cases are classified as consulting requests and should not be raised via a Support incident.
This includes inquiries concerning:
- Advice or assistance relating to configuration, business process analysis, or implementation specific to the customer’s unique environment or already documented in Product Guides.
- ‘How-To’ questions seeking assistance with documented features.
- Assistance with customization of the core product, core functionality and/or problems or errors caused by customization that has been implemented or completed by customers or partners.
For help with configuration, how-to, and implementation issues, please visit the appropriate self-service resources listed below. Alternately, speak with your Account Executive or Customer Engagement Executive about Professional Services options or about engaging an SAP Authorized Partner.
Further information about consulting requests and where to find assistance can be found here.
consulting; customization; customized; how-to; How-to , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To