You are trying to merge a change project but you get the following error: "Delete protected row 'ABC' is not allowed for node 'XYZ'" (where ABC represents the ID of the protected row/element and XYZ represents the node ID).
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Choose the relevant change project.
- Click on Open Activity List and search for the activity Merge Changes.
- Perform the merge.
- The error "Delete protected row 'ABC' is not allowed for node 'XYZ'" appears.
Some scoping elements are protected. This means that once they are scoped, they cannot be descoped, not even through a change project.
Examples of protected elements are:
- CRM_IBASE: Scoping question is 'You can maintain Installed Bases and Installation Points'
- CRM_WRKLIST: Scoping question is 'Do you want to maintain activity planners in the system?'
This is expected system behavior. It is not possible to descope protected elements once they are scoped.
Scoping, Merge, Change Project, protected row , KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To