- You are starting an SAP system and it fails;
- You notice that the ABAP Schema User gets locked;
- You already updated the hdbuserstore with the updated/correct password;
- You have tested command "R3trans -d" while logged as <sapsid>adm. The trans.log shows that the database was" connected;
- You also tested "hdbsql -U DEFAULT" while logged as <sapsid>adm and you're able to connect and execute queries in the database;
- You performed an audit trace with intructions from KBA 1855211;
- You also found the CLIENT_HOST is the ABAP application server and APPLICATION_USER_NAME is the <sapsid>adm;
- The ABAP Application Server uses a virtual hostname;
- SAP HANA Platform;
- SAP Systems based on SAP NetWeaver;
SAP HANA, platform edition all versions ; SAP NetWeaver Application Server for ABAP for SAP S/4HANA Cloud all versions ; SAP NetWeaver all versions
Authentication failed, authenticate failed, user locked, user lock, SAP<SID>, sapsid, auditing, audit trail, system copy, database refresh, database copy , KBA , HAN-DB-SEC , SAP HANA Security & User Management , BC-DB-HDB-POR , Dictionary & Consistency checks for SAP HANA , HAN-DB-CLI , SAP HANA Clients (JDBC, ODBC) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.