You are trying to import a file into Product Categories using Data Workbench and get the following error in the result file:
"Record not created; parent external key not found."
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Data Workbench work center.
Select the Import tab.
Select the Individual Object radio button.
Find the Product Categories.
Click Download to download the template.
- Fill the downloaded file with values.
- Click next.
- Browse and Upload the file.
Simulate the import.
- Go to the Monitor tab.
- Open the result file and check the error messages.
Pure product categories cannot be created by OData, hence the Data Workbench will also only allow subnodes to be added.
The field HIERARCHY_ID has to contain your existing product category, for example ABC (where ABC represents the product category).
If you now create sub-entities, you have to maintain the fields like below, for example:
- As Hierarchy_ID KLM (where KLM represents a Hierarchy ID).
- As Product_Category_ID the new ID (please ensure not to use leading spaces here!).
- As Parent_Product_Category_ID an existing category (for example, XYZ (where XYZ may also be the root ID)).
reine Produktkategorien angelegt, Unterentitäten anlegen, Produkt Hirarchie , KBA , LOD-LE-PRD , Product + Product Category , Problem