In certain areas (for example, blogs, wikis) in SAP Jam there is a 'related content' section.
- What criteria is the related content based on?
- Any details about related content workflow and calculation ?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
Related content is based on?
- items you liked
- commented on
- or where you were at-mentioned on.
To help you discover more content related to an item you are currently viewing, a carousel of up to 9 related content items can display at the bottom of the single item view. The content metadata (for example, number of likes, views, comments, content author name, and when it was last posted) also displays.
How exactly are the Related Content displayed?
The “Related Content” is calculated almost in real time, but the result would also be cached for 2 hours to improve the performance. The general workflow is as follows:
- When the user first views the page and the result is not cached at all- the “Related Content” would be calculated in real time, the result will be added to the cache (expiration time = 2h), and returned on screen.
- Next time when the user views the page:
- If there is cache of the “Related Content”, the cached result would be returned directly. But a job would also be enqueued to calculate and update the cache value asynchronously, the actual time to update the value depends on the server load of the worker nodes.
- If there is no cache or the cache has been expired, the result would be re-calculated in real time and returned which is the same as the step #1 above.
linked, common, similar, relates to , Related Content Session , SAP JAM , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM , SAP Jam , LOD-SF-JAM-CNT , Content, File Sharing & Upload , Problem