- Where are the "Paste from Microsoft Word" and "Paste as Plain Text" buttons gone?
- How do I import a Job Description into the Job Description Editor (CKEditor)?
- Why does the RCM XML feed show additional style parameters in the RCM XML feed (such as "style=font-family")?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
The underlying editor that the Job Description uses (CKEditor) is subject to continuous upgrades. These improvements can change the behaviour of how this tool imports, maintains and manages text. This KBA will be updated with any changes to this features functionality.
From the b1908 Q3 SuccessFactors release, the "Paste from Microsoft Word" button will be removed as internet browsers are no longer able to access a user's clipboard due to security issues. Instead, this functionality has now been integrated into the application by pasting directly into the Rich Text field. The "Paste as Plain Text" button will be removed as part of the b2005 Q2 Release.
- To import a Job Description from Microsoft Word, copy the Description using CTRL+C, and paste this into the Job Description Editor using keyboard shortcut CTRL + V.
- This will retain all standard HTML formatting supported by the editor (such as bold, italics, links).
- Font style should only be based on the default font style of Microsoft Word. Recommended: Calibri (body)
- Please note that not all formatting available in Microsoft Word is supported, since MS Word uses their own "formatting styles", and any formatting that is not supported by the Rich Text Editor will be removed when the user pastes the content using CTRL + V (similar to the functionality of the legacy "Paste from Word" button).
- You may now see additional parameters in the RCM XML feed (such as "style=’font-family") as part of the b1908 enhancements to the Job Description editor (CKEditor). These are considered expected behaviour since b1908 release and cannot be removed.
- Kindly note the "Paste as Plain Text icon" will be removed from the text editor on the Job Description Details page with the b2005 Release. On the Job Profile tab, this button was already removed with the b1911 release. Please use CTRL + Shift + V instead.
Paste; Microsoft; MS; Word; Button; Removal; Job; Description; Formatting; paste from word; CKEditor , KBA , 'delete single application' , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem