- When using the Security Domain Connector to create new security domains, the ID of the newly created security domains allows up to 90 characters.
- Using the application interface to manually create the security domain, the ID field can only allow up to 30 characters.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
Go to System Administration > Security > Security Domains >
Choose to add a new Security Domain >
- In the Security Domain ID field, attempt to add more than 30 characters.
Security Domain Connector:
- Fill in the required fields in the Security Domain Connector input file >
- Make sure that the domain ID column has more than 90 characters >
The Security Domain Connector execution fails with the following message: "Length of Column exceeds Max. specified length. DMN_ID.".
While there is a difference in how the connector and the interface behave with this field, it is expected of the application. In case there is a need for a security domain ID with more than 30 characters, utilize the Security Domain Connector.
Regarding the domain description field, the limit is up to 100 characters, while creating or editing a security domain in the UI as well via the connector.
Note: You may attempt to implement connectors on your own, but in doing so, you assume full responsibility for your actions. While we provide safeguards when able, it’s possible to load thousands of erroneous data in the system and end up incurring significant costs to correct them. Operational interruptions may be caused by having incorrect completion data; causing severe impact in regulated trades and industries. As with any other opt-in feature, we highly recommend that you do thorough testing before turning on connectors. Please engage a certified Partner for assistance.
domain, field, limit, id, security, description, connector, size, character, Length of Column exceeds Max. specified length. DMN_ID, interface, different, differ , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem