You are trying to enter Serial Number while confirming post goods issue. However, system throws below message:
Serial number does not exist in inventory
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Outbound Logistics WorkCenter.
- Go to Delivery Proposals View and choose required Delivery Proposal ID with respect to Sales Order, Stock Transfer Order etc.
- Select it and choose Confirm.
- New Window opens up as Create Outbound Delivery and Goods Issue.
- Now under Details Section, navigate to Serial Number subtab.
- Here, you enter the Serial Number ID and system throws error message.
You have changed the old serial number profile to new serial number profile (i.e. Mandatory on All Logistics and Production Processes) in a required product master data and hence automated physical inventory count task generated. However, the count ID is not processed yet. You have to add required Serial Number ID which was tagged with old profile while confirming the count task to add it to a new serial inventory tagged with new profile.
- Go to Physical Inventory WorkCenter.
- Go to Monitoring view and choose By PI Count Document sub view.
- Show All PI Count Documents and choose advanced filter icon.
- Select system generated checkbox and enter required Product ID.
- Choose Go and now you can see automatic generated PI Count Document IDs.
- Select and finish the task entering all required Serial Number IDs tagged with old serial number profile.
- Once the PI Document ID is finished, you can use exists serial number ID while post goods issue.
Serial number does not exist in inventory, Serial Number ,Mandatory on All Logistics and Production Processes, serial number profile , KBA , serial number , serial number does not exist in inventor , new serial number profile , pi count document , AP-SLP-REQ , Site Logistics Request , Problem