External Time Data/Records are not processed by the "Time Sheet Import External Times" Job.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central - Time Sheet
Reproducing the Issue
- Import External Time Data/records with date as 6 months in the past. (Say 1st Jan 2019).
- The daily job 'Time Sheet Import External Times Job' does not pick up the data and therefore not processed.
- The "Time Sheet Import External Times" Job will only consider data that is less than 20 weeks old(i.e if the start date in the external time data/record is earlier than 5 months in the past then the time sheet import job will not import the data). This behavior is changed in 2H 2020. Please refer the resolution section.
- This is to improve the speed and general performance of the job.
- Event based import is disabled in Time Management Configuration.
Resolution for cause 1:
- From 2H 2020 release, you can import import time data from even earlier weeks by setting the earliest possible recalculation date (In Time Management Configuration Object). The Earliest Possible Recalculation Date will override the value in the field ‘Weeks relevant for time sheet import job’.
NOTE: From 2H 2020, Trigger Recalculation job will no longer import external time data, therefore Time Management Recalculation Event with event type 'Recalculate Time Sheet' cannot be used to import External Time Data'.
Resolution for cause 2
- Navigate to Manage Data -> Time Managment Configuration
- Set Disable Instant Import of Time Sheet Data = No -> Save
- NOTE: This field is hidden by default.
2854180 - Time Sheet: Instant Import Of External Time Data
Implementing Employee Central Time Management: Importing External Time Data
Time Sheet Import External Times Job Weeks relevant for time sheet import job External time data Import Time Managment Recalculation Event External Time Records , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TMS , Time Sheet , Problem