- When running a data action in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) to check if some cells are empty, it hangs for some time and then get this error:
- An unexpected technical error occurred and has been logged. Please contact SAP for further assistance / SAP Delivered Support.
- In the system trace, this message is displayed on component sap.fpa.services.resource.planSeq
- Execution of EPM command failed. The error has been logged.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Execute data action using trigger in the story.
- the system hangs for a while and error message is reported.
- Issue is caused by memory exhaustion due to a large dataset.
- Source data scope can rapidly expand to generate very large volumes of data if multiple dimensions exist, even if the individual members in each dimension are small for example:
- Project * Company * Fiscal_Year * Journal * Product * Account * Currency * Code * Entity = 3 * 3 * 3 * 404 * 25 * 278 * 4 * 1116 * 13 = 4.39944E+12.
- Data actions that are not correctly limited in such cases will cause an excessively large load from backend and result in the error "An unexpected technical error occurred and has been logged".
- Effective use of MEMBERSET statements defined in advanced data actions are recommended to filter source data to be copied to only include dimension members filtered by MEMBERSET.
- This reduces the usage of your system capacity, like memory allocation or peak memory, and thus helps to enhance system performance.
- We recommend you Define as many MEMBERSET statement as possible.
- You can also find Help documents for the Best Practice tips for Performance.
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
data action, SAC, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, EPM command an unexpected technical error occurred when processing data action on version , KBA , the versions is in use. please try again , error sac kba data actions data action , please try again later. , the version is in use , not able to run data action because anot , data action because another operation is , is running , LOD-ANA-PL-DA , Data Actions , Problem