You have created a Purchase Order which meets the conditons defined in approval process and submitted the order , but it did not go for approval and was directly sent to supplier.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Application and User Management work center view
- Select Approval Processes sub-view
- Create a Purchase Order Approval Process with rule: Approval By Cost Assignment and maintain a condition as Total Net Value greater than 1000 XXX (XXX refers to currency)
- Activate it
- Now, go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Select New Purchase Order
- Create a Purchase Order with total net value greater than 1000 with currency YYY (YYY refers to currency)
- Select Order
- Purchase Order is sent to supplier without going for approval
The currency is different in the approval process and in the purchase order document.
1000 YYY is less than 1000 XXX, hence the condition is not met and system did not trigger approval.
Kindly maintain the same currency in approval process and purchase document to avoid such situation or else enter a net value greater than the net value in the condition defined to trigger approval.
Purchase Order Approvals, Currency, Approval Processes, Total Net Value , KBA , currency , purchase order approval , AP-POP-PO , Purchase Order , Problem