You cannot import a record with a user-id which is already used as username for another user while importing Employment Details
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to: Import Employee Data
- Select an entity: Employment Details
- Choose the File
- Click: Validate Import File Data or Import
- Face error: You cannot import a record with a user-id which is already used as username for another user
- Download the User Directory File (Admin Center > Employee Export)
- Check if there is any UserId or Username there that matches with the one being used on Employment Details import:
- If you find one UserID or Username there, please perform the Soft Purge as per KBA 2088065 steps and then once it is done perform the Permanent Purge as per KBA 2392076 so you can be sure that both UserID and Username are completely deleted from DataBase.
- If you DO NOT find any UserID or Username on the Exported file, it means that a Soft Purge was done but the Permanent Purge was not.
- If you are not sure about which userID was purged that need to be permanent purge now, please engage Support team to provide you the list of all users that were Soft Purged but were not Permanent Purged.
- For SAP Support Only: in order to have the above query results, please raise internal ticket with Operations team as per steps of SRSD-56431 , once you have the query results please share with the customer so they can proceed with the Permanent Purge.
userId, user-id, Employment Details, import, username, used , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions