- Inconsistent results are imported while running same query based on Import Data connection to OData-based service in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- During data import, there maybe be duplicate or missing rows/values
- During dimension import, some dimensions may have different unique members (less then expected) in each run
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Import data connection to OData Service (SAP S/4HANA, SAP IBP, SAP BPC NW, SAP SuccessFactors, etc.)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Try to create a new model on Import Data connection to OData-based service.
=> When the same query runs several times, the result differs after each query run if the result set is big (e.g. > 14k records).
=> Some dimensions may have different unique members (less then expected) in each run.
- The odata server does not order the data SAC requests, which results in the possibility of duplicate data if retrieved in batches.
- By default, SAC retrieves data in batches of 1000 and larger amounts of data has higher probability of encountering this issue.
This issue should be fixed on the OData server side to order the data SAC requests, there are 2 approcahes:
- The OData service should implement the “nextLink” function
- The entities which are selected as part of the SAC query should be defined as “keys” in the CDS view definition
Workaround: use the freehand query option (available for geneic OData service connection) to force an orderby ($orderby=[Objects]) to include all entities which are selected as part of the SAC query to the $orderby param.
- 2569847 - Where can you find user assistance (help) for SAP Analytics Cloud to use, configure and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, rows, number, members, Odata, missing, lost, unique, different, $skip, $top, $orderby, orderby, freehand, order, batch, duplicate, multiple, multi , KBA , row values are multiplied , data are wrong imported and measure valu , multiplied of single records. , measure values are multiplied of single , LOD-ANA-AQU , Import Data Connections (Acquiring Data) , LOD-ANA-AQU-ODATA , Acquiring Data into SAC using an ODATA connection , How To