Error message 4305 is reported when attempting to load a transaction log dump that was taken after previous transaction log dump failed.
Example sequence of events:
- dump database <db> to </dump_path/db.dmp>
- dump tran <db> to </dump_path/db_tran1.dmp>
- dump tran <db> to </dump_path/db_tran2.dmp> <- this dump is not successful due to some failure with Backup Server
- dump tran <db> to </dump_path/db_tran3.dmp>
At this point, db_tran2.dmp might exist and is 0 bytes in size therefore cannot be loaded.
Now, upon loading:
- load database <db> from </dump_path/db.dmp>
- load tran <db> from </dump_path/db_tran1.dmp>
- load tran <db> from </dump_path/db_tran3.dmp> <- this fails with 4305
Msg 4305, Level 16, State 1:
Server 'ase16', Line 1:
Specified dump file '/dumps/db_tran3.dmp' is out of sequence. Current time stamp is <earlier date> while dump was from <later date>.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
Sybase, backupserver, dump, load, tranlog, CR819734, CR#819734, 819734, sequence, time stamp, transaction , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.