- Unexpected model link exist in story where two models are not used in any widget (chart, table, etc.) in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- This may easily happen on copied story where you want to keep the story design but only change data source to other models
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a story with one chart/table based on model A.
- Create a new Model Link between model A and model B.
- Change the Data Source of the chart/table to model C.
=> Note that either model A or model B is not used in any widget in this story.
- Click Link Dimensions from Data menu.
=> The model link between model A and model B still exists there.
=> Switch to the Data view, both model A and model B exist in the model list, even they are not used in any chart/table.
- This is by-design.
- Chaning data source of one single widget won't delete the old model from this story automatically, since it may be used in another widget , or you may still want to use it later.
- So the related dependencies of the old model will be kept in this story as well.
If you ensure that old models are not needed in this story, you can go to Data view to delete them manually. After that, all of related dependencies, included model link, will be automatically deleted.
- 2569847 - Where can you find user assistance (help) for SAP Analytics Cloud to use, configure and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, model, link, linked, dimension, incorrect, old, new, data source, change, copy, story , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem