How will a server behave under the following circumstances:
- Log into a Unix box with a project with memory set at 6GB.
sp_configure 'max memory', 0, '6G'
- Create a Sybase server with max memory of 6GB and allocated all that 6GB to the server
- Start ASE with that configuration
- Now connect to Sybase and increase max memory to 8GB.
- Shut down and Restart ASE.
- Does the instance come up with 8 GB even though project is set to 6GB?
- If so, do we see two shared memory segments in ipcs?
- If it does not allocated the extra 2 GB memory to the server; does it matter as the startup process?
- Will it not care how the max memory is set?
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , How To
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.