You run the Revenue Recognition, the run finishes without error. But you receive the information message:
'Calculate merged doc. item XXX/XX in set of books ABC via its leading item.'
XXX/XX stands for the Customer Return and the Item ID.
ABC stands for the Set of Books.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Cost and Revenues work center.
- Go to the Revenue Recognition view and select the run in question.
- Select the Log Result link.
- Navigate to Messages tab where you notice the message 'Calculate merged doc. item XXX/XX in set of books ABC via its leading item.'
XXX is a customer return. Check its leading item the bellow step as follows:
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Select the Sales Document Items view.
- Show Customer Return Item and search for the XXX-XX.
- Select the Accounting Data tab.
You see that for the set of books ABC, the Accrual Method assigned is: Merge Product Sales Items and the leading Sales Document Item is maintained as YYYY-YYY (which is a Sales Order).
- On the same screen, select the General tab:
The Product Type is Material and the Fulfillment (Procurement) is: External.
In case when a material is externally procured and supplied to customer, a merge method is assigned to the customer return item.
For all such customer returns, the Revenue Recognition is run occurs on the Sales Order and not the Customer Return.
YYYY-YYY stands for the leading item ID.
Execute the Revenue Recognition run for the Sales Order and not the Customer Return.
Revenue Recognition, Customer Return, Sales Order, Merge Product Sales Items, leading Item. , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , Problem