When an Employee tries to record an Absence, an Error message comes up on the UI like the way Error messages are displayed from Take Rules on Time Types.
- However, the Selected Time Type donot have a Take Rule to display an Error Mesage.
- How is the Error message coming up / being displayed on the UI?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
Record an Absence on UI, an Error message comes up
- Check the Time type and notice that no Take Rules are configured
This issue is due to Business rule(s) Set on HRIS Job Information element
- For the Absences of LOA type Time types, the Rules from Job Info section are executed as well
Run a Rule trace to identify what all rules are being triggered while applying the leave
- Check for the rule on jobinfo parent and the country specific element as well on Manage Business Configuration and disable / modify it so that it doesnt prevent users from submitting leaves
SF, EC, Success factors, error message, take rule, time off, apply leave, leave of absence, LOA, Job Information , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central all versions ; SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite all versions