When hovering the mouse cursor over a button, the button text is not being read by the screen reader.
The screen reader only reads the positions of the buttons, and will only read the text of the buttons when the buttons are clicked, which is then too late, since the button has already been clicked.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Core.
Reproducing the Issue
- Activate your screen reader software (such as JAWS).
- Navigate to any page in SuccessFactors which contains a button control.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the button and notice that the text is not read by the screen reader.
- Click on the button and notice that the text is read by the screen reader.
This is expected behaviour.
The Hover State is a pre-focus state. It shows a control can be interactive, but it is not yet. It will become active if it gets
- clicked or
- focused by mouse, touch input or keyboard shortcuts.
Mouse over does not read the screen reader on any button in any page since there is no focus or input provided.
Navigate to the button using the Tab keyboard action, and the text will be read aloud by the screen reader.
This will change the state from pre-focus to focussed, which will then trigger the screen reader to read out the text.
screenreader, screen reader, JAWS, button, tab, pre-focus state, hover, cursor, mouse, not read, accessibility , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem