When trying to create a job requisition via Position Org Chart, the following error will be received:
"Creation of a job requisition for position #### failed. Details: '##' is/are invalid values of 'field-id'. Enter valid external code"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the instance
- Go to Position Org Chart
- Try to create a new job requisition using any position
- Then the following error will be received: "Creation of a job requisition for position #### failed. Details: '##' is/are invalid values of 'field-id'. Enter valid external code"
As of now, we have identified two possible causes:
- The error was caused by an incorrect mapping of Pay Grade field to a Job requisition field. You will need to verify that the correct fields were defined on the Position to Job requisition mapping rule.
- The error is caused due to the mapping in the rule. When selecting the fields you want to map the requisition fields to (the source), you need to select them from a dropdown, not typing it in as we do for Job Requisition's fields. The screenshot below shows the incorrect configuration:
The resolution to each type of cause above mentioned are below described.
- To verify the correct mapping, go to the following:
- Access Provisioning
- Go to Import/Export Corporate Data Model XML
- Export the XML and open it
- Search for the label/external code defined for the "payGrade" field. See an example below:
<label xml:lang="en-US">Pay Grade</label>
<hris-field max-length="32" id="externalCode" visibility="both" required="true">
From here, we can see that the externalCode for the payGrade is labeled as "Salary Band".
Now, in the Job Requisition Template look for the same object payGrade (which label in the data model is actually called "Salary Band"):
For example: <field-definition id="custom_salaryGrade" type="object" required="false" custom="true" object-type="payGrade">
To fix the mapping, now, follow the steps below:
- Go to Admin center > Position Management Settings > Integration
- Open the "Rule for Mapping Fields Between Position and Job Requisition"
- Verify these fields were mapped:
Note: Each Field-id are case sensitive, the same cases should be used from the templates vs. the field mapping rule.
When creating the rule mapping, make sure to use the Position's option and not the text field and manually insert the values, otherwise, the rule won't work. The rule for issue reported in cause 2 should be configured as follow:
invalid external code, creation of job requisition failed, enter valid external code, position org chart job requisition fails, invalid values. , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem