Incorrect result could be seen when
- a query involves a view with union all of several tables
- HG index exists on the same column of each of the underlying tables.
- the optimizer uses the HG indexes
- the query has a IN clause with a subselect on another table
The SQL looks like the following:
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TEST_VIEW
DT = DATE('2019-05-31')
AND VAL IN ( SELECT DISTINCT VAL FROM MASTER WHERE STATIC_VAL = '1515')
- The HG indexes are on the column VAL in the underlying tables of the view TEST_VIEW.
- When those HG indexes are deleted, the query returns the correct result.
- SAP IQ 16.1
- SAP IQ 16.0
CR819905 ; CR#819905 ; 819905 ; "union all" ; IN ; "IN clause" , KBA , BC-SYB-IQ , Sybase IQ , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.