You would like to know how address formats in business documents for different country/regions are defined in SAP Business ByDesign and if they can be changed.
SAP Business ByDesign
For printing addresses, there are country/region-specific Address Formatting Routines which in each case copy the correct postal formatting of the address.
These country/region-specific Address Formatting Routines determine which address attributes are displayed and in which position they should be displayed in the postal address for the respective country/region.
Say for Canada and the United States, it is customary to include the code for the state in the address between city name and postal code; in Turkey, it is not. Hence, the formatted postal address also differs for these country/regions.
The available Address Formatting Routines delivered per Standard in Business ByDesign are based on different national and international guidelines and norms, including:
- ISO 11180;
- contracts of the World Postal Union (Seoul 1994);
- international address samples from the World Postal Union;
- as well as the available rules of the individual country/regions.
You can find the Address Formatting Routines for each country/region in your Business Configuration as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your implementation project and click the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step.
- Open the fine-tuning activity Countries/Regions.
- Click the Edit Countries/Regions hyperlink.
- In the Country/Region field, select the respective country/region, e.g DE for Germany.
- Navigate to the Postal Attributes tab.
You can see the respective address formatting routine for this country/region in the field
Additional to the Formatting Routine, you can also decide the if the
A further option for the
If you want the country/region name to be displayed in the English language on all business documents, you can activate this in your scoping in the Business Configuration.
Please check the KBA in the See Also section for further information on this option.
address, formatting, form, country-specific, print, sales order, sales quote, accounts, zip code; city; mandatory; state; postal code; po box; , KBA , AP-RC-ADR , Address , SRD-CRM-ACC , Account Management , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , SRD-CRM-ORD , Orders & Contracts , SRD-CRM-QUO , Quotations , AP-RC-OUT , Output Management , Problem