I need to know what RAS is doing when testing my .NET of Java Application when using Crsytal Reports Server OEM
Note: this is a stand alone Crystal Reports RAS server running as a Service for OEM Partners only.
- SAP Crystal Reports Server 2011, OEM Edition
- SAP Crystal Reports Server 2013, OEM Edition
- SAP Crystal Reports Server 2016, OEM Edition
- SAP Crystal Reports Server 2019, OEM Edition
How to start RAS in Console Mode:
- Stop RAS in CCM.
- Copy the Command Line and paste it into NotePad, should look something like this:
"\\ServerName\C$\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crystalras.exe" -service -name localhost -ipport 1556 -restart
Use "ServerName" in your line, I just changed it for security reasons.
- Change the word -service to -console
- Copy the line from notepad and open a CMD window as Administrator user so it has full access to all resources and paste in the modified command line
- Hit enter
If you have more than one RAS server do the same for each above, note each RAS server must have a unique IP Port to work properly and see KBA 1370542 for details on using and configuring Round Robin for multiple RAS Servies - https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1370542
You should now see RAS running on the Task bar, Double click the Icon to see the status window.
Run your application to monitor what RAS is doing.
For more logging you can enable CRLogger for Database Issues, see KBA in references
crse, oem, console, ras, crystalras.exe , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , Problem