- End-users with privileges on specific members have an error when running a Data Action when members to which they have no access right are declared in a MEMBERSET statement
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.18
Reproducing the Issue
- An Admin user creates a Data action that contains one or more MEMBERSET filters.
- Validates the Data Action and verifies that no validation errors occur.
- Log on as an end-user who only has access to certain members, but not all members defined in MEMBERSET.
- Add the data action to a story and execute the Data Action.
- The problem occurs for end-users with privileges on specific members in the dimension defined in the MEMERSET filter.
- This causes validation errors during the execution of the data action by the end-user.
- This issue most likely will not be found when creating and validating the data action initially as this will likely be done by a user with Admin rights.
The following two suggested changes to the data action will prevent this condition from occurring.
1. Removing the MEMBERSET filter:
If MEMBERSET is not defined, end-users who have access to only specific members can execute data action without error and the advanced formulas are calculated only for the members the user has rights on.
2. Replace the MEMBERSET filter with an external parameter.
If the MEMBERSET is defined instead as an external parameter the end-user can select only the members he or she has access to when executing the data action and the advanced formulas are calculated only on these members.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem