- When a Metric Lookup Table has been used to populate the item-rating for a goal on the Performance form, users are not able to give the Unofficial User rating (item-cmt-rating) or a Subject item rating (subject-item-rating).
- The item-cmt-rating field and subject-item-rating field appear to be disabled on the Performance form.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
Reproducing the Issue
On the Performance form, navigate to a goal section where "Use Metric Lookup Table Rating" (use-mlt-rating-if-present="true") is enabled.
- For a goal where MLT is used, the rating field is disabled - it is not possible to give a item-cmt-rating or subject-item-rating.
- For a goal where MLT is not used, the rating field is editable - it is possible to give an item-cmt-rating or subject-item-rating.
- If a Metric Lookup Table rating is used (when both use-mlt-rating-if-present="true" and a MLT rating is provided on the goal) then no roles will be able to edit the item-cmt-rating or subject-item-rating field.
- The system forces a "read" permission for the item-cmt-rating and subject-item-rating fields, and this will occur even if a "write" permission is granted for the fields.
- Metric Lookup Table ratings are designed with the purpose of auto-populating a rating based on imported goal ratings.
- When Metric Lookup Table ratings are used, the item-rating for each goal is populated with the corresponding Metric Lookup Table rating.
- Generally, other ratings like item-cmt-rating and subject-item-rating are not needed.
- Therefore, in a performance review step, if item-rating is displayed to users, though they have write permission on item-cmt-rating and subject-item-rating, they cannot edit these ratings.
- If there is a requirement to receive a rating from both employee and manager for goals on the form, then MLT should not be used as it will disable the ability to give a rating on the form.
Note: For field "subject-item-rating", it's the rating for employee. Only with raing-opt=3, write permission of this field will take effect. With rating-opt=1 or 2, subject-item-rating will not shown in the form at all.
MLT, Metric Lookup Table, Goal, PM Form, Unoffical Rating, unable to rate, pm, performance, form, item-cmt-rating, ratings, permissions, write, read, behavior, design, enable, disable, populate, PMU-11344 , KBA , LOD-SF-PM-GM , Goals in PM Form , LOD-SF-GM , Goal Management , Problem