When configuring a conditional association in a custom MDF object, customer is receiving an error while trying to save the object definition.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Configure Object Definition;
- Open the desired parent object and take action;
- Create an association and click on the details button;
- In Condition section, insert the field ID and select the value to trigger this condition;
- Try to save the object definition and receives the error: Incorrect field Id given in condition.
The value provided for the field ID is not reflecting a real field from the parent object or other object inside the system.
In the field ID of the condition section you should be inserting a valid field name. In the parent object you will see all the fields created, and each of this fields has a field name (normally cust_xxxxxxxx). The correct value for this Field ID should be this Field name of the respective field you want to configure your condition based on.
custom, MDF, Object, condition, Incorrect field ID given in condition, field ID, association, associate , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , Problem