- How to enable the "Enable RBP Target Criteria for Value Help" feature.
- An admin needs to implement this feautre in provisioning and wants information before continuing with our implementation.
- Is there a way to restrict values in the search box based on login users target population?
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
- A new feature enhancement for MDF allows you to restrict the list of values displayed for a Generic Object (GO) field based on logged-in user's target population.
- For example, if a user only has permission to view departments in the Engineering group, the dropdown will accordingly display values.
In order to enable the feature:
- Turn on RBP Target Criteria for Value Help (Only for fields with data type Generic Object) in Provisioning
- Please reach out to your Implementation Partner for assistance.
- If you do not have an Implementation Partner, you can reach out to our support team and open an incident mentioning this KBA.
Note: This is applicable only for the values help shown on the manage data page for GO field reference, will not work with picklists.
Behavior before enhancement: In an MDF object if we have a GO (generic object) type field OR a Valid when association, and when we enter data into the object (either via Profile or Manage data). System is not restricting the values in the drop down box for the GO field/Valid when association as per the Target Population/ Criteria.
Behavior After enhancement: The values in the drop down are restricted based on the login user’s Target population/Target criteria.
- Let's say you have a custom MDF object: cust_parent (RBP secured object)
- It has a field of type GO or a valid when association names: cust_child. (RBP secured object)
- From the security on cust_child object: Say a user * only permissioned to see it's values = child_1 and child_2. (not child_3 and so on...)
- But when you create a record for cust_parent, the valid when child object/ GO field is displaying all the values (from child_1 to .........child_N) even when they are restricted from the child object independently.
- This enhancement will restrict these values to the only permissioned ones (child_1 and child_2) as per point mentioned above.
XAF-21539, SF, EC, success factors, MDF, Role Based Permissions, dropdown , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-RBP , RBP Permissions on Objects , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , Problem