System raises the error 'Unexpected failure' or 'Unexpected error' when updating fields within Personal Information or Global Information.
SAP Successfactors Employee Central - Personal Information
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Employee Profile > Personal Information.
- Update a field, for example Marital Status, and save
- System throws "Unexpected failure" or "Unexpected Error".
There can be several causes for this error:
- The Hire date is not maintained in the UDF.
- There are bad data in the database. One data issue identified is the Territory ID in the Database being blank.
For Product Support: Please check the Internal Memo.
To resolve this issue:
For Cause 1: Run Full HRIS sync Job from Provisioning or update hireDate in the UDF via Basic Info Import.
- 2263251 - How to run a one time Full HRIS Sync - PARTNER
For Cause 2: A script has to be run to delete the bad data for Territory ID. Please open a Case under LOD-SF-EC-PER so Cloud Support can engage Engineering/Operations Team to review and advise for the next steps to correct the data.
Unexpected failure, Unexpected error, Marital Status, Personal Information, com.successfactors.hris.ui.controller.HrisWorkflowHelper.addWorkflowAttributes , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-PER , Person Data (All Person Data Types) , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem