You created a Lead, converted it to an opportunity and - as expected - it has the status 'converted'. However, you notice that it is still editable.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Navigate to the Leads view.
- Create New.
- Enter all mandatory data.
- Save and open.
- Actions: Convert to Opportunity.
- The status turns to 'Converted'.
However, you can still edit the Lead further.
You have allowed for more than one Lead to Opportunity conversions via the Fine Tuning activity 'Leads'.
Meaning: if you allow, for example, two lead to opportunity conversions, the Lead will correctly show the status converted after the first conversion. But the lead is not yet at the end of its life-cycle status, as further conversion is allowed. Until the end of its life cycle, meaning, once no further conversions etc. are allowed, editing will no longer be possible.
For a Lead which was converted to an Account or Contact, the end of its life cycle has been reached.
To check these settings, follow the below:
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for the Fine Tuning Activity 'Leads' and open.
- Click the 'Maintain Conversion Limit' link.
- Here you can maintain the amount of times a Lead can be converted to opportunities.
- Please note: you can only convert the lead to one account and contact.
Lead status, conversion, converted, edit , KBA , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , How To