- ASE has (many) blocking spids
- Spids cannot be killed and return messages that latch is held:
Killing spid: 123 will not be immediate because it is waiting for a latch held by spid: 456
- Blocked connections build up and ASE may run out of user connections:
Error: 1601, Severity: 17, State: 7
There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure ASE with more user connections.
- Stack traces may be observed as server becomes unresponsive:
- Current process (0x442f03a5) infected with signal 8 (SIGFPE)
Current process (0x2711009c) infected with signal 10 (SIGBUS)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP13x / SP14x
- Setting for 'kernel mode' is process
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 15.7
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.