- When running dbcc checkstorage
- ASE errorlog reports a signal 11 at address pchk_fault
- The ASE error log shows messages including:
Current process (0x8b0046) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x0000000001d2ecb3 (pchk_fault+0x343) ...
curcmd = 317 ...
WARNING: 1 buffer was found in a predirty state during the termination of spid 1234 ...
and a stack trace with functions:
- After the stacktrace(s) are reported, the following is also seen:
Error: 9970, Severity: 20, State: 1
DBCC cannot update the finish time in dbcc_operation_log table for this operation(opid = '<opid>') of database '<database>'. This can be patched by executing sp_dbcc_patch_finishtime.
- DBCC checkdb and checkalloc does not return any errors
- A full example of errorlog entries is attached in file Full_Stack_KBA_2845515.txt
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 SP141
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP03 PL07
checkstorage, worker processes, 9970 , parallel , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.