- This article explains why it is not advised to map one user to multiple roles in the Performance Management process in a Route Map.
- Can I use multiple roles to a single user in a form route map?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance Management
- SAP SuccessFactors Platform
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
No, we do not support the configuration if a user is configured to multiple roles in a route map as it causes permission issues.
System behavior when using multiple roles
If an user is mapped to more than one role in a Route Map it can cause problems with button, field and section permissions.
As an example, if the employee’s manager and Matrix manager is the same user, and you include permissions for EM and EX role in the route map and form template, the system cannot determine the difference and there may be permission conflicts.
Role, Routmap, Permission, PM, Performance, form, Manager, Matrix Manager, Employee, conflict, PMT-6503, multiple, several, many roles, , KBA , csg_q , LOD-SF-PM-MAP , Routing, Route Maps & Workflows , LOD-SF-EC-RBP , Roles & Permissions (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-PLT-MNG , Manage user Issues , How To