The purpose of this page is to provide an overview of the Matrix Grid Reports and to act as a bridge to any content related to this feature.
SAP SuccessFactors Succession Management
The Matrix Grid Reports offer insights across available talent and help you compare succession candidates from a target population like a team or department.
You use the matrix grid reports, sometimes known as a 9-box, to identify your high potential talent. The matrix grids themselves are just reports so you can't actually take any action from the reports directly. However, once you identify your top talent, based on their placement in the grid, you can use the other features of SAP SuccessFactors Succession and Development to assign them to succession plans, add them to mentoring programs, and create development plans for them.
SAP SuccessFactors offers two Matrix Grid Reports, which are usually configured as "Performance-Potential" and "How vs. What" (Objective vs. Competency). Even though this is the default configuration, you might choose to create the first report using performance and objective ratings and then competency and potential ratings for the second report. Which ratings you use and whether you place a particular rating along the x-axis or y-axis is best determined by your specific talent strategy and goals.
This article contains the following section/information:
- Succession Planners > Matrix Report Permission
- Succession Planners > Succession Management and Matrix Report Permissions
- Admin Center Configurations
- Selecting the source for x-axis and y-axis
- Normalization and Custom Weights
- Matrix Grid Report Icon Configuration
- Matrix Grid Report Custom Filters
- Displaying Matrix Grid Placement in Employee Profile and Reports
- matrix1Label and matrix2Label
- Matrix Grid Placement History portlets
To access full document, please refer to this Wiki Article.
permissions, versions, x and y axis, placement, matrix1Label, matrix2Label, Custom filters, placement history portlet, troublehooting rating inconsistencies , KBA , csg_q , LOD-SF-SCM-MXG , Matrix Grid Reports (9 Box) , How To