When you check a sales or service activity in the Business Configuration (for example, the Opportunity activity) and check a party determination, you will see the sentence "Note that in the first determination step, parties are generally copied from the preceding document if there is a follow-up or copy of a document."
However, when you create a document (i.e. an opportunity) from inside another document (i.e. Ticket), you realize that this note is not being applied and the first active step is the one that is being applied.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Open the corresponding Fine Tuning Activity (such as the Opportunity activity).
- Click Maintain Involved Parties.
- Select a party such as Sales Organization.
- Click Maintain Determinations.
RESULT: You will see the sentence "Note that in the first determination step, parties are generally copied from the preceding document if there is a follow-up or copy of a document."
The following steps are only an example. The same can happen in other work centers:
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Open a Ticket.
- Go to the Related items facet.
- In the Follow-up items section, click More > Create Opportunity.
RESULT: You realize that the sales organization was taken from the account and not from the Ticket (which is the preceding document in this case).
During copy/follow-up processes organizational data (sales org, etc.) is always re-determined to ensure data consistency in the target document.
Currently we have no possibility to allow users to control whether the sales org from the original document shall be kept in the target document or not.
- Overview on Party Determination and Involved Parties in SAP Cloud for Customer
- Combined Sales Area Determination in C4C Sales Transactions
- KBA 2982344 - How to understand determination methods in SAP Cloud for Customer
sales documents, opportunity, sales quote, sales order, party determination, ticket, sales org, owner, , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To