- Some Job Roles do not appear in the Career Worksheet.
- You have Job Profile Builder and Employee Central enabled in your instance
**Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental**
- SAP SuccessFactors Career Development Planning
- SAP SuccessFactors Job Profile Builder
Reproducing the Issue
In Manage Job Profile Content you can see that there is an active Job Role appearing under Families and Roles. However, when you try to search for this role in the Career Worksheet you cannot find it.
You have a system with Job Codes that had Employee Central impelmented. Now all Job Roles get the mapping Type synced from JOBCODE to JOBCLASSIFICATION.
If you previously used a Job Role in a PM form or a Development Plan, the data gets linked to the Job Role and does not sync over when EC is implemented. This can cause the Job Role to no longer appear in the Career Worksheet as the Career Worksheet searches for Job Roles by JOBCODE mapping Type and not JOBCLASSIFICATION. CDP stills runs on the legacy framework.
Normally it will be only a small number of Job Roles that get affected in this way and you can manually fix this by adding the Job Code mapping back via:
- Admin Center
- Configure Job Profile Content
- Click on the 'Roles' tab
- Click on a Role
- Check the 'Type' field.
If this is JOBCLASSIFICATION you need to Add JOBCODE to the Type for any affected roles you do not see in the Career Worksheet.
In the example below the Role Name is 'Engineering' and this is not appearing for selection in the Career Worksheet. You can see that the mapping Type is Job Classification:
1. If you click on the Add Job Code on the right, the pop up allows you to search for that code:
Note: you can see above that the EC job code is "50000074", while the legacy job code is "Engineering (50000074)".
2. Select 'Default' for the usage, unless you wish to restrict it for use in Succession/ CDP:
3. After saving, you will now see two mapping types for that role:
3. With the legacy mapping Type added and saved, you can now search for that role in the Career Worksheet:
If you need to update a lot of job roles at once, you can also do this via an import. For details on this, please see KBA in reference section on Job Family/Roles/Competency Mapping Import - Importing Families and Roles
For details on data syncing between Employee Central and People Profile, see KBA HRIS Sync - Data Synchronization From EC to EP - Hard Coded Sync Mappings
[Enter your See Also here...]
Job Profile Builder, Career Development, Employee Central, Job Role, JOBCODE, JOBCLASSIFICATION , KBA , LOD-SF-CDP-CW , Career Worksheet , LOD-SF-EC-JOB , Job Information , LOD-SF-TJ-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Problem